"Varied" is a good word to describe tonights Semi-Final of the Estonian national selection, Eesti Laul 2013. Most genres were represented in what was a very well-produced show by broadcaster ERR. Of the 10 great songs in tonight's show, only five qualified to the final. These were: Grete Paia, Kõrsikud, Teele & Tuuli & Ula, Winny Puhh and Elina Born.
The result was formed by a combined jury and televote, where 17,000 votes were received from the Estonian public.
The 10 acts that competed tonight were (qualified in blue):
- Armastus - Young Girl
- Marilyn Jurman - Moving To Mmm
- Winny Puhh - Meiecundimees üks Korsakov läks eile Lätti
- Sarah - Taevas valgeks läeb
- Teele & Tuuli & Ula - Ring The Alarm
- Rosanna Lints - Follow Me
- Grete Paia - Päästke noored hinged
- Elina Born - Enough
- Kõrsikud - Suuda öelda ei
- Anisa - The Missing Thing
Join us next week for the second and final Semi-Final of Eesti Laul 2013, where 10 more acts will compete for the final five places in the final.
Estonia will participate in the first Semi-Final of the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest, being held in Malmö, Sweden on the 14th of May.