********* By Daniel Andersson *********
Ooh ! Almost forgot.
I've been to Paldiski !
Paldiski is a former russian army base. When the russians pulled out of Estonia (in 1991 ?), the town was more or less deserted.
There are still people living there (and apparently it's growing), but it felt like a ghost town.
Houses with missing roofs, houses with smashed up windows and so on.
Even some of the houses that seemed to have habitats were baaad (to say the least). It's very difficult to explain, really needs to be seen to grasp how it is.
The odd thing was, before I moved to Estonia I expected the whole of Estonia to be like that, to be like Paldiski.
As it proved, it was very incorrect, but that's the picture you get if you live in Sweden (or the UK for that matter). I'm glad I was wrong, Estonia is beautiful.
In short :
* we went to Paldiski (with Helen, Heiki, Vaike and Vaikes friend + Vaikes friends son)
* we went to Tartu (to visit Helen & friends), there we went for good food and clubbing. And met Katri & Piret (friends of Helen).
* we went clubbing at Decolte, to discover that russians walk (& look) very cockey(!) and that a lot of girls wear very little.
* we went clubbing at Club Hollywood, where we met Håkan.
* we had lunch more or less every day at Café VS. We didn't tip the girl serving us, even though she was quite good, not at first anyway. We decided that she deserved some tip so we went to the bank, changed 400 EEK into 2 kroona notes (ie 200 of them), went to VS and handed over 100 2 kroona notes each. Think she was a bit shocked, but happy. She even gave us her email/MSN-address, scha la la la !
* we worked a whole day from Café VS.
* we (or Heiki) poured beer onto the heating thing in the sauna. One would think the sauna would smell of beer, but no no. It smelt of toasted bread ! (fyi, wine didn't work very well !).